PACE NONCREDIT COURSE:
Areas of Study
Hours: 292 | CEUs: 29.2 | Duration: 12 months
Your pharmacy technician training will prepare you to work under the guidance of a pharmacist. You’ll be a crucial member of the team and a critical part of keeping the pharmacy running smoothly. A day in your new life will likely include the following:
- Verify prescription information and dosage.
- Assist in formulating, labeling, and dispensing medications.
- Enter patient and order information into the computer system.
- Create and update patient profiles.
- Process and submit insurance claims.
- Provide quality customer service to patients and healthcare providers.
You’ll likely take on more responsibilities over time, possibly offering flu shots or taking a more active role with patient consultations.
Your pharmacy technician skills allow you to work in neighborhood pharmacies or grocery stores. Positions are also available in hospitals, clinics and outpatient centers, specialty pharmacies, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, mail-order pharmacies, tele-pharmacies, and nuclear medicine pharmacies.