Sterile Processing Technician Program Outline
The Sterile Processing Technician Online Program consists of 8 courses that cover the fundamental knowledge and skills that are relevant to working in healthcare and the sterile processing field.
Program Orientation: Sterile Processing Technician
- Identify the elements, expectations, and requirements of the program.
- Learn to navigate the program.
- Use the program tools.
- Identify and use program resources.
- Have a basic understanding of the internet and evaluated hardware.
- Understand and be able to use various programs and apps.
- Be able to explain privacy and digital security in digital technology.
- Describe the fundamentals of input and output.
- Have an understanding of network devices.
- Use technology to help you find a career.
Comprehensive Medical Terminology
- Define medical terminology and describe the origin of medical terminology.
- Identify the four major word parts used in medical terminology.
- Discuss the relevance of medical terminology in terms of how it correlates to service quality in the operative environment and the identification of surgical procedures.
Anatomy and Physiology
- Identify the structures, locations, and functions of major body systems and the organs that comprise them.
- Explain how the organs of the major body systems interact and maintain homeostasis.
- Compare various risk factors leading to high mortality and morbidity.
- Describe the components of cell structure and their functions.
- Summarize how infectious agents affect cellular growth and function.
- Define basic anatomical terms.
Sterile Processing Foundations
- Understand the roles of a central service technician.
- Apply HIPAA regulations as well as other regulations and standards in the central service department.
- Practice aseptic technique and infection prevention.
- Comply with safety standards.
Participate in teamwork as well as personal and professional development.
Practical Applications of Sterile Processing
- Clean and disinfect instruments.
- Describe surgical instruments.
- Identify different packaging and assembly procedures for medical devices.
- Identify the various inventory replenishment systems and how they’re utilized in central service.
- Discuss how ancillary services and regulatory agencies support central service.
- Identify the information systems that support central service.
Career Success in Healthcare
- Assess and develop time-management skills.
- Develop plans to enhance creative and critical thinking.
- Learn the basics of professional communication.Program Completion: Sterile Processing Technician
Prepare to finish your course in Sterile Processing.