Successful nonprofit leadership today requires a diverse set of skills and comprehensive knowledge applied across a wide range of functions. No matter the organizational mission, a top-notch leader must be prepared to navigate the many challenges inherent in this ever-evolving field.
This certificate program covers the core competencies and essential qualities that current and aspiring nonprofit leaders need to help their organization grow and thrive. We’ll explore the major elements of sound strategic planning, thorough program evaluation, and effective volunteer management. You’ll learn the keys to improving resource and fund development, including cutting-edge insights on grant writing, major gifts, and annual appeals. And we’ll hone in on the business side of nonprofit organizations, with a focus on financial management, human resources, negotiation, and forging a positive work environment.
MASTER KEY CONCEPTS
- Determining the best governance structure for your organization
- The art of building and maintaining a talent-oriented culture
- Best practices regarding advocacy and strategic communications
- How to use metrics to evaluate program impact
- Effective tactics for donor attraction, cultivation, and retention