Succeeding in today’s competitive workplace requires innovation, determination, and vision, but just as importantly, leaders who can harness these energies through teamwork into quantifiable results. Whether in the corporate, academic, public, or nonprofit sector, leadership skills and training are in more demand than ever, and the Certificate in Leadership and Team Management provides a timely and cost-effective way to develop these vital skills.
Positive Leadership is about building a culture of commitment to increase thriving at work and positive change for everyone in the organization using evidence-based tools to amplify what is working well in an organization. This course will teach you the foundational principles of Positive Leadership and how to create a business culture that maximizes employee potential.
Master Key Concepts:
• Culture-driving vision, mission and values statements
• Communication tools that will help you build consensus and push agendas forward
• Strategies to positively influence those around you without relying on “command and control” methods
• Key personal development methods to help you grow in your resilience, emotional intelligence and executive presence
Learning the intricacies of what Strategic Planning is, how and why it is done, and getting your “hands dirty” creating your own strategic plan will give you the experience you need to move the dial in your organization. This course will teach you the basics you need to know to create a clear and actionable strategic plan that can be used to guide your organization into the future and keep stakeholders accountable.
Master Key Concepts:
• Strategic Planning: What is it and why do we need one?
• Elements of Goal Setting: How to set and achieve goals related to Strategic Planning
• Stages of Strategic Planning: What are the stages of Strategic Planning and the How To’s of getting this done
• Practicum: Getting started on creating a strategic plan
Building Effective Teams
Creating and managing high performance teams is an essential skill for successful leaders. This course will teach you when and how to charter a team, how to effectively create and manage high performance teams, and strategies for leading different types of teams.
Master Key Concepts:
• Maximizing team member performance
• Technology and tools for team effectiveness
• Optimizing team meetings
• Creating and sustaining a great team culture
Managing conflict is a critical competency for every leader, regardless of the size or nature of the organization. This course will teach you how to effectively identify, respond to, and resolve conflict in your organization.
Master Key Concepts
• Recognizing the cost of conflict and the effect of different conflict styles
• Conflict resolution strategies and how and when to use them
• Intercultural communication skills
• Harnessing the power of positive conflict
Please let us know below if you would like to learn more about this and related programs.
Courses 1 & 2:
Kimberly Hill Putman
Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
Kimberly Hill Putman is an experienced Professional Certified Coach (PCC) to C-suite and senior level executives and emerging leaders. She is distinguished by her expertise in coaching leaders through transitions of all types including integration into new corporate cultures, team restructuring and executive alignment. She works with clients to clarify mission, vision, and values, create strategic plans and ensure congruence. Corporate leaders hire her to advance their personal and professional growth, and she is often engaged to help clients seeking competitive CEO positions.
Management Consultant and Executive Coach
Bob Kantor is a Management Consultant and Executive Coach who has been fixing ROI and program management problems for 30 years, including 10+ years as IT Executive Director at KPMG and 5 years as Director of R&D Programs at Lotus Institute at Lotus Development Corp. Bob has coached over 500 managers across 75+ companies since 2010. He also provides management consulting in governance, program management, strategy and organizational change to leaders in corporations such as Chevron, eBay, NYU, Bloomberg, Aetna, and Ford. Kantor has published a best-read book for managers seeking to up their game, titled “Shatter Your Leadership Limits.”
Hospitality & Retail Management
With more than twenty-two years of management experience in the hospitality and retail industries, Sandra Anderson is an experienced trainer who has worked with numerous regional companies and educational institutions such as Hotard Coaches, Accor Hotels, Delgado, and The University of New Orleans. She has extensive experience in employee development and has designed Leadership materials and curricula, delivered training, and designed and conducted classroom instruction and facilitation throughout the country.